Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hello Cake Pops!

It's been a while since I've blogged but I've been busy/ lazy. Ha Ha... at least I'm being honest. It all started with a simple post on my Facebook wall of the BabyCakes Cake Pop Maker saying, "Dear Santa, I've been really good this year.!!! Love, MeG! Then I posted the picture of the little pop maker. (It's kind of like a waffle iron but with little round circles.) Well, Santa must be a Facebook stalker because he saw my post and I got TWO for Christmas! Next year, Santa will get cake pops instead of cookies! My sweet Granny and Pop bought me one of them and Jason's awesome sister bought the other! AKA... Santa!





The first pops that were made were just plain yellow cake with white chocolate icing and a rainbow sprinkles on top! Thanks to Ali and Claire for being big helpers! We ended up making 120 balls from two cake box mixes. A LOT OF CAKE POPS! But the great part was if you leave them in the freezer you can saved them for up to 4 weeks. So The Durbin's had plenty of leftover cake balls to dip once we left. We made 68 for Claire's class at school. Such a cute idea for a mess free treat! The best part about these cake pops were that everyone help! Shannon, Claire and Ali each played a role in these tasty first timer pops. I also was able to use some tips and tricks I found on Pinterest.

Of course I used my camera (which still seems brand new to me) to capture every moment of this fun time with the little girls and big girls!





This is the idea I found on Pinterest for letting the cake pops dry!

Ali working the cake pop station!




No comments:

Post a Comment